A seasoned litigator, Mr. Baxter represents municipalities and other public entities in defense of tort, employment and civil rights in the state and federal courts of New Jersey. He has served as special counsel to municipalities in litigation involving redevelopment projects and has recently been appointed solicitor to the Burlington County Insurance Commission. He also represents one of the largest non-profit community agencies in the State of New Jersey which provides for the behavioral health care needs of children, individuals and families in Southern New Jersey. Mr. Baxter has tried numerous cases during his career as a trial attorney in matters as diverse as automobile accident cases, products liability claims, liquor liability and legal malpractice matters.
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- Rated as an “AV” attorney by Martindale–Hubbell
- J.D., Duke University Law School, with distinction
- B.A., University of Notre Dame
- New Jersey State Bar Association, (Chairman, Executive Committee, Civil Trial Bar Section; Special Committee for Insurance Defense)
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to its Civil Practice Committee.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
Frequent speaker and lecturer for legal and governmental groups in the areas of civil rights claims against police officers and municipalities, issues under the New Jersey Tort Claims Act and litigation involving insurance companies.
- “Tort Claims Act”, Judicial College, November 2012.
- “Less Paper, More Thought”, A New Look at Trial and Appellate Brief Writing, ICLE, February 2012.
- “Bad Faith Issues”, Emerging Issues in Insurance Law, ICLE, January 2012.
- “Hot Topics in Insurance Defense Litigation,” Annual Meeting of the New Jersey State Bar Association, 2011
- “‘Every person’: Qualified Immunity Under 42 U.S.C.A. § 1983,” Rutgers Camden Law School, 2010
- “Hot Topics in Insurance Defense Litigation,” Annual Meeting of the New Jersey State Bar Association, 2010
- “The Trial Team,” Annual Meeting of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- “Opening Statements,” Annual Meeting at the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hogan v. Township of Haddon, 2006 WL3490353 (D.N.J.) 278 Fed. Appx. 98, 2008 WL 647788 (C.A.3 (N.J.))
- Posey ex rel. Posey v. Bordentown Sewerage Authority, 171 N.J. 172 (2002)
- Knowles v. Mantua Tp. Soccer Ass’n, 176 N.J. 324 (2003)
- Burroughs Corp. v. Board of Chosen Freeholders of Camden, 181 N.J. Super. 492 (Law Div. 1981)
Bob coached the varsity boys’ soccer team at Camden Catholic High School from 1998-2009. He was voted “Coach of the Year” by his peers in 2001.
Submit your review